This is the series Intro to Financial Reporting
At the date of publication, I was taking summer classes for Sociology and Principles of Finance. As part of the class, I was required to write a one page paper each week on a topic I chose. I chose Financial Reporting. At the end of the semester, these papers were concatenated and turned into one monstrous paper. japherwocky suggested post the papers to a blog, so here they are.
- What Are Some of the Main Financial Documents Used in Financial Reporting?
- What Is Financial Reporting and Who Uses Financial Reports?
- What Are the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)?
- Who Regulates Financial Reporting?
- Why Was the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 Created and How Does it Impact Financial Reporting Today?
- Who Was Enron and Why Is This Important to Financial Reporting Today?
- Financial Crises: And the Cycle Continues