Charles is a seasoned engineer with more than 8 years experience in software development, information systems and site reliability engineering. At Truss he helped customers build and grow internal SRE and devops teams with special attention to process, measurement and performance. Charles also helps clients build, scale and maintain services and solutions in order to meet the demands of a growing customer base. Prior to Truss, Charles held several positions at the leading PaaS platform Heroku including: SRE Technical Lead, Platform (Cedar) Technical Lead and Orchestration Team Manager. Before joining Heroku, Charles was a site reliability engineer at DotCloud (now Docker). Charles has a forte for pushing platforms to their greatest capacity by scaling both systems and teams. Charles has also received mention on Microsoft’s Security Researcher Acknowledgements and Google’s Application Security Hall of Fame.
Charles Hooper holds a Business Information Systems, B.S. from Eastern Connecticut State University with an emphasis in Operations Management, Systems Analysis & Design, and Health Care Informatics. He is former Air Force having earned an achievement medal as an aircraft weapons specialist. When not working, he can be found on the archery range, in his garden, or sharpening his lock picking skills.
- 2013-08-13: Published elbping, a tool for diagnosing faulty ELB nodes
- 2011-08-23: Mentioned in How to can Twitter spam on The Daily Dot
- 2011-08-23: Interviewed for That new Twitter follower might just be a bot on The Daily Dot
- 2010-11-01: Acknowledged in the Google Application Security Hall of Fame
- 2010-08-13: How I Made Money Spamming Twitter with Contextual Book Suggestions on Business Insider
2008-09-01: Listed in the Security Researcher Acknowledgments for Microsoft Online Services